Monday, January 7, 2013

Expectations

I want to feel comfortable. In my skin, my blog, my couch, my life. I don't. In any of those.

My skin has carried two babies and too many pounds over the last few years and it's tired. And it likes chocolate. A lot. And doesn't like veggies. At all. Except for grilled zucchini.

I like to write. I love it actually. But I'm not great a grammar or spelling so I second guess my self. My husband is a great writer and is excellent with grammar and spelling. One helpful comment from him and I stop writing for a month. Or more.

My couch is busted and sinks too far to the floor. It was a 'gift'. When my mom moved far away she gave us her couch. It was nice when she gave it to us but we have two dogs and two kids and not enough energy to care if they jump on it. I'm afraid I'll fall through it to the crumbs and lost toys underneath.

We don't make enough money and that consumes all of this life. Our family helps us with bills every month. I'm 30, not 18. We are under employed. My husband has a great job, but it's not enough hours. We don't have health insurance. We are on public assistance. My sister gifted us dog food for Christmas. That's not comfortable. None of it.

I want this blog to be comfortable. For you and me. Mostly me. What can I do to make you more comfortable?

No comments:

Post a Comment