Friday, February 22, 2013

Night night

Our oldest slept in our bed until she was 17 months old and wanted out. She never looked back. Same attitude with potty learning. Woke up and said 'no diapers'. Done. I was hoping that it was my amazing parenting abilities, but since our second is 29 months and still in our bed half or more of the night I'm starting to wonder. She starts off in her own bed but by midnight she's crawling in with us dragging her pillow and at least 3 binkies with her. Right now I'm sitting next to her bed waiting for Mr. Sandman to arrive. Which is actually really creepy. Never mind. If you were here you'd hear this:

2yo: me not really really tired. Me go downstairs. Me go yesterday!

30yo: it's dark now. That means time for bed.

2yo: abcdfg sing abc's. See me sing mom?

30yo: yes. Good job. Time to sleep.

2yo: I sleep yesterday! Not really really tired today! Me love daddy!

30yo: it's time to sleep.

2yo: abcdfg I sing abc's to daddy not to mommy.

And so on. Some nights it's over an hour. Some nights it's 10 minutes. Some nights it feels like forever because there's homemade key lime pie downstairs and I really really want it yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment