Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Middle of the road

I'm stuck in the middle. I'm socially liberal, but I go to church. I believe in Jesus and equal rights. I follow Jesus and go to drag shows.

I love Jesus and I love the gays. Jesus never said a word (at least not one that was recorded in the Bible) about homosexuality so I don't feel I have a place to say anything either. He did say to love your neighbor. Everyone of them. Not just the straight ones. Not just the pretty ones. Not just the church going ones. Not just the ones like me. Everyone. So I try to.

But...

It puts me in this weird place. I spend time with my homosexual friends and family and I spend time with my church going friends, but don't feel like I can mix all of them. I always feel like I'm representing the other when I'm with one.

My beliefs don't go along with many church beliefs. But they do follow Jesus' and that's what truly matters. I'm okay with that. I do not think religion is the way to heaven. Jesus is. So, I hold strong to Jesus and my gay friends and family and know in my heart I'm doing right by all of them.

Jesus is totally bad ass and so are the kings and queens I'll be performing with in April. That's right. I'm manning up and performing in a drag show! My sister and I will be preforming together. I'm equally excited and scared. I love the attitude at the shows and can't wait to be part of it! I have NO idea how I'm going to make this curvy busty body look manly, but I'll try to rock the sock in my pants and make it happen. Maybe I'll wear a 'Jesus loves you' shirt or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment